Wednesday 1 February 2012

18 Scrapbooks for Beverly Central's Grade One Class


Math was never my strong suit.  When Megan's grade one teacher asked me to design a scrapbook for each of her grade one's to put their memories in, I though sure.  How hard can that be? She was very flexible on the design and content and would leave that part up to me.

The sample scrapbook went together very quickly and Mrs. B loved the concept.  We set a deadline and off I went.  What I forgot, is that one book assembly is pretty quick, but 18 books is a marathon session.  40 hours, 6 bottles of glue (the good stuff @ $7.00/bottle), stacks of paper and one cricuit sheet later, the books were done.  Fortunately I had left the "fun" decorating/embellishing part until the end or I might still be working on them!

They were definitely a labour of love, but Megan got first choice and everyone thinks her mom is the best!  Crafty Mom, as I am affectionately known at the school, is really happy with the result and I know the kids will love working on them and that makes the effort all worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment