Wednesday 25 January 2012

Bad Hair Day, oh my!


My Keegan (16 year old flame point Himalayan cat) is getting older and he doesn’t groom himself like he should.  The result is that his fur gets matted and then needs professional attention.  I know that winter is not the best time to groom him, but given his matted condition, off to the vet for his check-up and trim.

The result was a bit severe.  As you can see, he looks like that poor cat on the “Hang in there baby” poster.   He garnered such sympathy and attention that my sister-in-law swaddled him in a baby blanket!   Now he thinks he needs to sleep in my bed, under, yes under the covers.

To add insult to injury, our other cat Tom (the 20 pound, domestic shorthair that adopted us and has finally won “Largest Cat” title from the Rockton World’s fair and has the trophy to prove it) didn’t recognize poor Keegan when he came back from the vet.  He hissed and spat at the poor boy, thinking that I traded poor Keegan for a wimped-out version of what a cat should look like!

Sorry Keegan for the bad hair day, maybe even a bad hair month, but I am sure you feel better without the matts in your fur.  We’ll try to wait for warmer weather next time!  Besides, it could be worse, you could be wet!



No comments:

Post a Comment